Monday, January 16, 2012

Ringing In the New Year

Starting a New Year is such a great event. My students love correcting me when I say 2011, which I have at least 20 times this week!) I wanted to do a few activities that reflect on last year and look forward to next year. I started out by making a worksheet. You can download it free here.
We brainstormed together and came up with a list of things that happened last year (they struggled with the concept of "Last year" and "Last School Year"). They did the sheets individually, but I had to help out a lot of my grade ones.

I also plan to do a cute art project showing what we remember from last year. I will post pics when they are completed this week.

Lastly, we are going to make "Resolution Magnets" to remind us of the things we plan to do this year. I found the pinned the idea from Kaboose Crafts.

Happy New Year Everyone!

signature

No comments:

Post a Comment