Thursday, August 18, 2011

Welcome Board and Door Display

This year, my classroom theme is "GO GO GO" or transportation, etc... Air, Land, Sea... Yeah you get the picture. So I enlarged a few colouring photos of some modes of transportation, coloured and laminated them for my door. As I was putting them up I had the brilliant idea to use the Dr. Seuss phrase as my inspiration. I thought it summed up my theme so well and the yellow letters look fabulous on my black door.


My favourite part is the "Matheson" Coast Guard Lifeboat. (Before you comment on inaccuracies, I was going for the general idea, not scale model!)



And finally, my hallway bulletin board is now finished and waiting for our first day artwork. Each student will get to colour a machine that either moves through the air, through the water or on land and they will be added to my background. The water is a corrugated border. The road and clouds are felt. It turned out really cute! This border is actually my inspiration for my whole theme. I found it at the Scholar's Choice Warehouse sale for $3 and fell in love!

Head over to The Schroeder Page where she is having a linky party showing off your welcome displays!


See You Soon!
signature

1 comment:

  1. Jenn...thanks for linking up! You door is so fun. When I taught in Ohio we also did a wild door on our classrooms. It got very competitive and fun!

    ☮Monica
    The Schroeder Page

    ReplyDelete