Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Poem of the Week Book Share

As I was waiting for my car in the shop this morning, I put my spare time to good use and went through one of my new favourite books. "Poem of the Week: 50 Irresistible Poems with Activities that Teach Key Reading and Writing Skills and Inspire a Love of Poetry All Year Long!" Selected by Maria Fleming (yes that is the title, check out the Amazon link by clicking on the pic.) It is geared towards K-2 teachers.





This book has 4 poems for each month. It also shares ideas of poetic elements to show the kids for each poem. But the best part is that is gives two activities to do for each poem. Sometimes it is a science connection, other times art. Many of the activities also provide templates in the back of the book! There are only a few poems I don't plan to do (in a Christian school we don't celebrate Halloween...) The rest are fantastic! I plan to incorporate one poem a week during our morning meetings. Check it out!




See You Soon!




signature

No comments:

Post a Comment