Friday, September 9, 2011

First Week Done

Well, the first week has come and gone and I'm exhausted! We had a great week together. No major issues. Here are some of the things we accomplished: 
We practiced Calendar and Morning Meeting 
We managed to make it to 11 minutes of Read to Self! That's an eternity for 6 year olds!
We learned about choosing Good Fit books and got to take some from the library today.
We reviewed our numbers and went for a number hunt through magazines.
We sang lots of songs.
We reviewed A-K
We read lots of books and added 3 strategies to the CAFE board.
We learned why our parents chose our names and what they mean to us.
We created these adorable Torn Paper Name art. (As seen on Marvelous Multiagers from Fabulous Firsties)

I also LOVE Mrs Mabe's Teaching Promise:

 


 Well, I'm off to get some much needed rest. 

See You Soon!




signature

1 comment:

  1. I love how your name art turned out!! Did you have the kids tear their own paper? I tore mine in advance but I think if I do it again, I'll probably have the kids do it. I just didn't want to have chaos on the first day!

    Marvelous Multiagers!

    ReplyDelete